Mold doesn’t just look bad, it’s bad for you and your home. Here’s why you need to prevent moisture problems around the house. You know those wooden studs that are keeping your biggest investment standing? Mold lives off the cellulose wood fiber in those studs. If you get moisture on those studs and a mold spore lands on it, the mold will spread. Mold spores are always in the air. If is eats away at the wood long enough, mold can actually weaken the studs and compromise the structure. Worse: exposure to mold can make you and your family sick. If you have it growing in your home, it releases spores into the air. When your breathe these spores in, you can end up with health issues. Mold can trigger anything from a runny nose, cough, hay-fever symptoms, and respiratory problems to aggravated allergies and asthma. People who are really young, really old, or in poor health are most at risk. Get the mold cleaned by a professional.